This recent editorial in the Christchurch Press suggests that people should allow complaints to be resolved by the complaints process of EQC and insurance companies and/or by use of the Residential Advisor Service.  These are all ineffectual methods of getting the entitlement under the EQC Act and the insurance policy.  The best and quickest method remains the use of the High Court earthquake list that is set up to enable people to get their maximum entitlement quickly and economically from EQC and insurance companies.